– An overview of the Regulation
– Its application to Payroll
– Controller vs Processor
– Legal Basis
– Retention and Destruction
– Special Categories
– Data Protection Officer (DPO).
– Irish Data Protection Bill 2018 an update.
This Seminar is being introduced by Quantum Software and presented by Declan Brady, Principal Consultant with SQS Ireland Limited, who has extensive knowledge of Data Protection law and GDPR content.
What you will learn?
• An Understanding of the principles of GDPR.
• Data Protection rules in relation to Payroll
• Safeguard your data to avoid penalties.
Who should attend?
• All Payroll and HR Staff
• Managers and Administrators with responsibility for Payroll
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) will come into effect on the
25th of May 2018 replacing all existing data protection legislation under EU
data protection directive.
GDPR increases your responsibilities in how you collect, utilise, store and
protect data. It is vitally important that all Payroll and HR personnel become
aware of their obligations regarding processing personal data held by their
Payroll System. This seminar will provide you with the necessary
understanding to ensure you are familiar with the new rules and regulations.
Where are they held?
The Metropole Hotel,McCurtain St, Cork. &
Academy Plaza Hotel,10-14 Findlater Place,Off O’Connell Street,Dublin 1.